Monday, June 4, 2012

Per Amanda Puckett's request, I have begun to blog a bit early, and take her advice to blog about my upcoming volunteering experience in Poland this summer. Please excuse the sporadic organization and bursts of thought. I don't have too many expectations, other than to be open minded and embrace a culture I am unbelievably excited to be immersed in. As of now I only know basic conversational Polish, but I know many of my friends have heard me mispronounce a few words over the last few months.

I have fund raised enough to cover my costs as of today so THANK YOU  to everyone who has financially (and emotionally) contributed. I am forever grateful, and I cannot put into words how much I appreciate the support. Your investment will surely payoff for Polish students who need volunteers' help.

As a tutor, I have found that I love to tutor second language English speakers. As frustrating as it can be due to English's crazy rules, I find it incredibly rewarding. In fact, I tutored a student today, and after the session my passion and excitement to teach in Poland was really evident to me. Polish is quite different (totally different) to the language I usually work with, Spanish, so I'm excited to listen to the students speak their native language, and grasp the English language. I am excited to also teach students California slang, dude!

For those of you who follow my blog this summer, I hope you enjoy hearing about my experiences as much as I know I will enjoy writing about them.

P.S. If you have any teaching suggestions for me, let me know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment